This wonderful pizza and pasta sauce is perfect for those on the ketogenic diet. This tasty sauce is a tad spicy but the full flavor recipe is just amazing! You can feel confident that you’ll stay on track to meet those weight loss goals and continue to feel great about yourself and melt away the pounds! Combine with a nice salad and keto friendly pasta or crust for that perfect italian guilt-free meal and enjoy!
Amazing Pasta/Pizza Sauce
Author: KD Cooker
Serves: 2.25 gallons
Simply the best pasta and pizza sauce around! This is designed for canning, for a single meal divide by 8.
- 16 tbs butter
- 8 - 32 oz cans whole peeled tomatoes - smashed before adding
- 2 - 32 oz cans tomato sauce
- 8 small onions - diced and minced
- 8 tbs fresh oregano - chopped
- 8 tbs fresh basil - chopped
- 4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 24 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp granulated sugar/ sugar substitute
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 tbs lemon juice (only for canning)
- Melt the butter in a stockpot and add the onion. Brown for 5 min. (May not brown but will get mushy.)
- Add garlic and sauté for additional 3-5 min.
- Add the tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for at least 2 hours, stirring often.
- Sauce is ready when it has reduced a bit and thickened significantly.
- If canning we recommend pressure canning at 11 lbs of pressure for 30 min.