Set your current weight, in pounds or kilograms, and your bodyfat percentage. (How to visually estimate bodyfat )
Daily Activity Level (not counting exercise):
Set your usual activity level. This does not include additional exercise like gym, running, etc. If not known, choose Sedentary. Choose "Custom" to set your TDEE manually.
Daily Caloric Intake
Set your goal to get your recommended calorie intake. If you used the Exercise Information section above then you can compare calories for those days that you exercise to those that you don't. Note: It is not recommended to go over 25% deficit for fat loss or over 15% surplus for muscle gain.
Set your exercise information for days that you will be exercising. This will allow you to compare calorie limits on those days that you exercise against those that you don't.
|Activity||Minutes||Kcal burned / min||Total Kcal burned|
Adjust your protein ratio:
- To maintain muscle, leave protein ratio between 0.69 to 0.8. It is not recommended to drop below 0.69 or muscle loss may occur.
- To gain muscle, the protein ratio should be between 0.8 to 1.2.
- There is normally no advantage to consuming more than 0.82g/lb (1.8g/kg) of protein per day to preserve or build muscle.
Adjust your carbs and fat grams to reach daily caloric goals. If doing a Standard Ketogenic Diet, carbs should be set lower than 30g per day and to lose faster less than 20g per day:
- Count carbs for all foods with the exception of green veggies and avocado, on those count as NET.
- Net Carbs represent the total carbohydrate content of the food minus the fiber content.
- If doing a Targeted Ketogenic Diet or Cyclical Ketogenic Diet, remember to include net carbs consumed on Macro Grams.
|Protein Ratio||Macronutrients||Macro Grams||Kcal per gram||Daily Calories||Daily %|