Fresh Zucchini with Shrimp
Super fast and easy this healthy recipe checks all of the keto boxes. Great for either lunch or dinner, give it a shot and you won't be disappointed!
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen peeled, deveined medium shrimp (12 oz. in shells)
- 5 zucchini (about 1-1/4 lb.)
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus spears
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Halve each zucchini lengthwise. Place each half, cut side down, on a board and cut into long, thin strips. Set aside. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Cut asparagus diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket over gently boiling water. Cover and steam for 2 minutes; add zucchini and steam for 2 to 3 minutes more or until vegetables are just crisp-tender (dont overcook). Drain well; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook jalapeno, ginger, and garlic in cooking oil over medium- high heat for 30 seconds. Add shrimp. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring often. Stir in cilantro, sesame seed, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Add zucchini and asparagus to skillet; toss gently to coat. Transfer to a serving platter. If desired, sprinkle with additional cilantro and/or sesame seed. Makes 4 main-dish servings.