Vera Cruz Red Snapper
- 4 red snapper fillets, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white, onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons caper juice
- 2 cups cherry, tomatoes, halved
- ⅔ cup pitted, sliced green, olives
- 2 jalapeno, peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh, oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and, pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, pepper, or more to taste
- 4 limes, juiced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion; cook and stir until onions begin to turn translucent, 6 to 7 minutes. Cook and stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add capers and caper juice; stir to combine.
- Stir in tomatoes, olives, jalapeno peppers, . Cook and stir until jalapeno pepper softens and tomatoes begin to collapse, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in oregano.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil into a small baking dish. Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of the tomato-olive mixture. Top with 1 snapper fillet, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Top with more filling and juice from 1 lime. Repeat with remaining snapper fillet, seasoning, and lime juice in a second baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fish is flaky and no longer translucent, 15 to 20 minutes.