Ultimate Keto Zucchini Lasagna
This amazing Keto lasagna is made with fresh zucchini slices instead of pasta for that keto twist. This award winning, low-carb, gluten-free beef lasagna is delicious and satisfying! Pair it with a great Italian salad and keto Italian bread and you will be sure to please your family or guests!
- 1 ½ large zucchinis, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ½ cups low-carb marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pat dry zucchini slices with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef; cook until browned 5 to 8 minutes)
- Add marinara sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano, and pepper; simmer for 10 minutes, then set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese, egg, 1 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg in a bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Place a layer of zucchini slices on the bottom of the baking dish and cover with ½ of sauce. Add another layer of zucchini slices, spread ricotta mixture on top, and sprinkle with ½ of the mozzarella cheese. Add the final layer of zucchini slices and cover with the remaining sauce and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. The remove aluminum foil and place back in the oven, baking until top is golden, about 15 minutes more.