This is a great easy recipe for an on the go breakfast that tastes like christmas morning all year long. We have a busy household with everyone going in all directions at different times in the morning. You can make these the night before and cook them up fresh in the morning. What nutritious breakfast can be easier than that? Throw a piece of fruit in the mix and you have a well balanced keto friendly meal. This meal contains 7 grams of protein with only 10 grams of fat and 1 gram of net carbs.
SAUSAGE & EGG MUFFINS
- ½ pound ground pork sausage
- 12 eggs, beaten
- ½ (4-ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, chiles, onion, garlic powder, salt pepper and sausage; mix well. Spoon ¼ cup of sausage mixture into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until egg has set and a toothpick inserted into each ‘muffin’ comes out clean.