Roasted Asparagus Eggs and Hollandaise
- 1 pound medium asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin, olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher, salt
- freshly ground, black pepper
- 1 large, egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoons freshly squeezed, lemon juice
- pinch, cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted, butter, (1/2 stick)
- ½ teaspoon kosher, salt
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim the ends from the asparagus and spread the spears in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and roll to coat thoroughly. Roast the asparagus until lightly browned and tender, about 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Place the egg yolk, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper in a blender.and pulse a couple times to combine. Put the butter in a small microwave proof bowl and heat in a microwave until just melted. With the blender running, gradually add the melted butter into the egg to make a smooth frothy sauce. If the sauce is really thick blend in a teaspoon of lukewarm water to loosen it up. Season with the salt and serve immediately or keep warm in a small heat-proof bowl set over hot (but not simmering) water until ready to serve.
- Spread the roasted asparagus on a serving platter. Grind a generous amount of pepper over the top. Serve the scrambled eggs over the asparagus and drizzle with hollandaise.