Orange and Sage Glazed Duck Breast
- 3 ducks, breast (6 oz.)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons swerve
- 1½ teaspoons orange extract
- ¾ teaspoon sage
- 3 cups spinach
- Score the duck skin on top of the breast and season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan over medium-low heat, add butter and reduce until the butter has slightly browned. Once butter has turned a dark golden color, add sage and orange extract. Let this cook until butter is a deep amber color.
- In a separate, cold pan place the duck breast and set heat to medium-high. After a few minutes, flip the duck breast and see the delicious crisp skin. Add heavy cream to the orange and sage butter, then stir together well. Pour this over the duck breast in the pan and let mix with the duck fat. Cook for a few minutes longer.
- Wilt some spinach in the pan you used to make the sauce and serve.