No Guilt Dinner Rolls
- 6 large, eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cream, of tartar
- 6 ounces cream cheese , cold, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Separate the eggs, making sure no yolk gets into the whites and placing the whites in a clean, non-greasy bowl. Using a clean, non-greasy electric whisk, whip the egg whites and the cream of tartar until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, use the same whisk to whisk together the yolks, cream cheese and salt, until smooth.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture, working in batches to keep the air bubbles in tact.
- Spoon 6 large mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press with a spatula on the top of each mound to flatten just slightly.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until golden-brown. Then cool a 5 of minutes on the cookie sheet, then gently transfer to a wire rack.