This is one of those fantastic dishes that are good for either an appetizer or a complete meal. White wine and garlic along with some red pepper flakes give this meal a little zing. Dip your keto bread into the broth and enjoy!
Mussels in White Wine Sauce
- ¾ cup white wine
- ¾ cup tomato and cocktail
- 3 cloves garlic-peeled and sliced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound mussels , cleaned and debearded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 French bread
- In a stock pot, combine the wine, juice cocktail, garlic and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and add
- Cover and continue to boil for about 4 to 6 minutes or until all the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that haven't opened.
- Remove mussels from liquid and keep warm. Pour off liquid to leave about 1 cup. Try not to discard the garlic. Boil the 1 cup of liquid until it's reduced to about ¾ of a cup.
- Add butter and stir until butter has melted and sauce has thickened slightly. Serve mussels with sauce and don't forget the bread!