This amazing Thai flank steak combines soy, rice vinegar and lime juice with a basketful of fresh seasonings and is perfect for those on the ketogenic diet. While you have to start early with marinating, once you are ready to cook it only takes 20 minutes from grill to plate! Keep it Keto and serve with green vegetables, a large helping of cauliflower rice and an extra side of fat! This is a high protein meal with 23 grams of protein, 25 grams of fat and only 1 gram of net carbs.
Thai Flank Steak
- 2 pounds flank steak
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup rice wine
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons sliced lemon grass
- 3 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 3 tablespoons chile paste
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine, lime juice and sesame oil. Stir in onion, basil, mint, lemon grass and crushed peanuts. Season with chile paste, coriander and garlic salt. Layer flank steak with marinade. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat, and lightly oil grate. Drain liquid from marinade. Layer meat grill and turn every 4-5 minutes for 20 minutes. Should be served medium rare.