Keto Pumpkin Soup
This creamy fall favorite is perfect for those following a keto or low-carb diet and better yet, the entire family will love it! Great with a slice of fresh keto bread.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons zero-calorie brown sugar substitute (can use a bit more for sweeter soup)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, or to taste (Optional)
- 3 tablespoons crushed walnuts (Optional)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes then reduce the heat to medium-low and add the garlic and sauté 2 to 3 more minutes. Stir in sugar substitute, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pour in chicken stock and stir to combine. Whisk in pumpkin puree, cover, and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth using an immersion blender. Stir in 1 cup heavy cream and adjust salt, if necessary. Garnish with a drizzle of heavy cream and crushed walnuts.