Keto Crispy Cheese Tacos
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic seasoning
- 8 ounces thin strip steak
- ¼ stick butter
- sour cream, for topping
- sliced avocado, for topping
- sliced jalapeño, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a Silpat. Set out four glasses that are similar in height and rest a wooden cooking spoon over each pair of glasses. These suspended spoons will be used to shape the tortillas.
- Divide cheese into three mounds on top of lined sheet pan. Use hand to flatten and spread cheese into circles spaced 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or cheese appears lacy and is golden-brown on the edges.
- Use a spatula to carefully drape tortillas over suspended spoons to create tortilla shape. Allow to dry and harden.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic over both sides of the steak. You may not use the whole packet.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. If using a grill pan, melt butter over the top and allow to brown slightly. For medium rare or medium steak, cook for 2-3 minutes. Rotate steak 90 degrees using a fork, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Flip steak with a fork, and repeat process. Remove steak onto a plate and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes, before slicing into thin strips against the grain.
- To assemble, fill taco shells with pinch of lettuce, a few strips of steak, a dollop of sour cream, and avocado, a few thin slices of jalapeño.