Keto Chorizo Baked Eggs
- 2 ounces pork chorizo
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 large eggs
- Salt and pepperrge
- ⅔ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place a pan over medium heat then remove the casing from the chorizo. Add the chorizo to an oven-safe skillet and fry for 7-10 minutes or until fully cooked. Drain well, set aside.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Let it melt then remove the pan from the heat, and place on top of a towel or oven mitt. Alternatively, melt butter in a microwave and pour into the skillet. Make sure the inside of the pan is evenly coated with butter.
- Crack eggs open directly into the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place several dollops of chorizo on top of the eggs.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on top of the dish then bake.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling. If you like runnier yolks in your eggs, bake them for less time. Serve warm with the avocado, sour cream, and garnished with cilantro.