Herbed Shrimp with Tomatoes
A great appetizer that's not only healthy but refreshing.
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes lemon wedges (optional)
- snipped fresh basil (optional)
- Basil dipping sauce
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. In large bowl combine basil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add shrimp. Toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 10 to 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet cook shrimp, half at a time, in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, stirring often to cook evenly. Transfer shrimp to serving platter.
- Add tomatoes to shrimp; gently toss to combine.
- Serve with lemon wedges, snipped basil, and Basil Dipping Sauce. Serve warm or chill until serving time. Makes 8 servings.