Greek Party Omelette
- 1 cup halved, cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried, oregano , divided
- ½ teaspoon salt , divided
- black, pepper , to taste
- ½ cup crumbled, feta cheese
- 8 large, eggs
- 1 chopped frozen, spinach , thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a 12-inch non-stick skillet over low heat. (Use a 10-inch skillet if you halve the recipe to serve 2 instead of 4.) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix tomatoes, ½ tsp. oregano, ¼ tsp. salt, and pepper to taste. Stir in feta.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs together, then stir in spinach, ½ tsp. oregano, ¼ tsp. salt, and pepper to taste. A few minutes before cooking omelet, add oil to the pan, and increase heat to medium-high. Heat until wisps of smoke start to rise from the pan. Add the egg mixture to the skillet. Using a plastic or wooden spatula to push back the eggs that have set, tilt the pan and let the uncooked egg mixture run onto the empty portion of the pan.
- Continue pushing back cooked eggs, tilting the pan and letting uncooked egg mixture flow onto the empty portion of the pan until omelet is moist but fully cooked, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low; pour the tomato mixture over half of the omelet. Using a slotted, flat spatula or turner, carefully fold the untopped half over the filling. Use the turner to slide the omelet onto a cutting board. Let stand a minute or two for the filling to warm.
- Cut the omelet into 4 wedges and serve immediately.