Crustless Deep Dish Pizza
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package sliced pepperoni , or to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Mix together salt, caraway seeds, oregano, garlic salt, ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Mix ground beef and eggs in a mixing bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Add Parmesan cheese and seasoning mixture to beef; combine. Press ground beef mixture into a 12x17-inch pan, spread out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meat is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain grease. Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and turn on the oven's broiler.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the mozzarella cheese over baked meat, followed by tomato sauce in an even layer. Sprinkle another ⅓ of the mozzarella cheese over the sauce and top with slices of pepperoni. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over
- Broil until cheese is melted, bubbling, and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes