If you are looking for that pasta fix without the guilt then this chicken carbonara might just fit the bill! With 2 grams of fat, 9 grams of protein and 9 grams of net carbs you’ll be able to enjoy your ketogenic meal and feel great about doing it as well! Spaghetti squash tastes absolutely amazing, providing the pasta experience while at the same time, not sacrificing flavor. Spaghetti squash also contains beta carotene, which can help improve eye and skin health and maintain a strong immune system.
- ½ spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 3 eggs
- ½ (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ pound chopped cooked chicken
- 8 ounces shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ bunch green onion, chopped, divided
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place squash, cut-side down, onto prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until flesh is tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Cool until easily handled.
- Scrape spaghetti squash flesh into a large bowl using a fork. Whisk eggs, evaporated milk, garlic powder, salt, and oregano together in a separate bowl; pour over squash. Mix chicken, ½ of the Parmesan cheese, ½ of the green
- onions, bacon bits, and black pepper into the squash mixture and pour into a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Top mixture with remaining Parmesan cheese and green onions and bake in the oven until done, about 45 minutes.