Salmon is one of those things thats perfect for the ketogenic diet. High in protein and good fats it will get you on your way to losing weight in no time. Containing 16 grams of fat, 40 grams and protein, and 11 net carbs this meal is not only good for you but it tastes absolutely amazing! The dressing can be made ahead of time and leftovers can be saved for another day. Remember, drink lots of water and keep your body hydrated to melt away those pounds!
CANDIED SALMON SALAD WITH GINGER HONEY DRESSING
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Cholula
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or coconut vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled
- 1 package of cole slaw mix
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 4 Fillets salmon
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- Pinch of Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a jar, close and shake well. Refrigerate while you finish the rest of the salad. Then, add your salad in a large serving bowl and set aside. Finally mix together sriracha and honey.
- Place salmon filets on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Use a brush to brush on the sriracha/honey mixture onto all the filets. Place in oven to bake for 8-10 minutes (this will depend on the thickness of your filets) to cook until medium.
- Make your salad by pouring your dressing onto the salad (whatever amount you prefer) and toss, top with salmon, green onions, sliced almonds and black sesame seeds.