Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
- 16 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1½ cups bottled chili sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 recipe blue cheese dip
- (see recipe below)
- 1 8 ounce carton dairy cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or
- additional crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Cut off and discard wing tips. Cut each wing into 2 sections. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 10 minutes or until chicken is browned, turning once.
- Transfer chicken to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker. Combine chili sauce and hot pepper sauce; pour over chicken wings.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting or 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Serve chicken wings with Blue Cheese Dip or ranch salad dressing. Makes 32 appetizers.
- Dip: In a blender container combine sour cream; mayonnaise or salad dressing; crumbled blue cheese; garlic, minced; and white wine vinegar or white vinegar. Cover and blend until smooth. Store dip, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2
- weeks. If desired, top dip with additional crumbled blue cheese before serving