Who doesn’t love chocolate with nuts, and bananas for that matter? Get ready to fill your home with the mouthwatering aroma of this healthy delicious recipe. This recipe not only has a mere 7 net carbs, but it also has heart healthy benefits which include: bananas, a great source of potassium and magnesium; coconut oil which in high in saturated fats and increases the healthy cholesterol; and almond butter, a dieter’s best friend due to its lack of carbs and its abundance of protein and healthy fat—both fill you up and keep you satisfied. So prepare your muffins and enjoy guilt free.
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP KETO MUFFINS
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup palm shortening
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Puree bananas and dates in a food processor until smooth. Add almond butter, coconut flour, coconut oil, palm shortening, cocoa powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt. Pulse to make a thick batter, scraping sides to fully incorporate ingredients.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them ⅔ full. Toss chocolate chips and walnuts together in a small bowl, then sprinkle on top of each muffin, pressing them gently into tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 16 to 18 minutes.