Avocado Shrimp Ceviche
- 2 pounds large, shrimp, - peeled, deveined and chopped
- ¾ cup fresh, lime juice
- 5 roma (plum), tomatoes , diced
- 1 white, onion , chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh, cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sugar, ketchup
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper, sauce
- salt and, pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, - peeled, pitted and diced
- Place the shrimp and lime juice into a large bowl, and stir to coat. Let stand for about 5 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque. The lime juice will cook them. Mix in the tomatoes, onion, and cilantro until coated with lime juice; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and mix in the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, hot sauce, salt and pepper. We have our own hot sauce recipe, but you can use whatever hot sauce you like, or leave it out and let people add their own when serving.
- Serve with low carb saltine crackers. Best with hot sauce of your choice.