Asparagus and Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound fresh or frozen medium, shrimp, in shells
- ½ teaspoon finely shredded, orange peel
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened, orange juice
- 1 pound fresh asparagus , trimmed
- ⅓ cup unsweetened, orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or, salad oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine, vinegar
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh, tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground, black pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed, salad greens
- ¼ cup sliced, green onions
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to boiling. Add shrimp; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Drain in colander. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Transfer shrimp to a bowl. Add orange peel and the 2 tablespoons orange juice; toss gently to coat.
- In a covered medium saucepan, cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water for 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain in colander. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ⅓ cup orange juice, the oil, vinegar, garlic, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, asparagus, greens, and green onions. Pour dressing over all; toss gently to coat.