Apple-Stuffed French Toast
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 slices dry keto bread
- 8 ounces package cream cheese , softened
- 21 ounces can apple
- 2 tablespoons butter sugar (optional)
- maple-flavored syrup (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, evaporated milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Spread each slice of the bread with some cream cheese. Top six of the slices with cherry pie filling, spreading almost to the edges.
- Cover each with the remaining bread slices, cream cheese side down. Dip in the egg mixture.
- In a skillet or on a griddle, cook the sandwiches in hot butter over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Cut filled French toast into halves or quarters and dip in or sprinkle with sugar, if you like. Serve with hot maple syrup, if you like