Thai Chicken Breasts
Loaded with flavor these are one of our favorites. Fast and easy the entire family will enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless, chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 2½ tablespoons fresh grated, ginger root
- 2 tablespoons chopped, garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red, pepper, flakes
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup splenda, brown sugar
- ½ cup white wine, vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- salt and, pepper, to taste
- Combine the ginger root, garlic and red pepper flakes in a cup and set aside.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper to taste and dredge chicken pieces in this.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté the chicken until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove the chicken and put in a warm dish, set aside in low oven to keep warm.
- Add the ginger-garlic mixture to the skillet and sauté until lightly browned then add the soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and fish sauce (if using). Now bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce reduces and thickens. Pour the sauce over the chicken pieces in the warm serving dish and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Trim and shred the sugar snap peas diagonally and just prior to serving sprinkle the top of the chicken with the shredded snap peas.